Tana Tulear 2WD
From Antananarivo to Tulear with a 2WD
Tour managed by an English speaking driver. You will cross the Imerina highlands et visit main national parks : Ranomafana, Anja and Isalo. The trips ends on the west coast in ifaty ( The Vezo country ).
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Accessible à tous
- Group Size Large Group
Period : All the year.
Level : For all.
Hotels : level 2 * * ; accomodation with private sanitories.
Vehicules : Necessary airport transfer are included. For the trip a 2 WD drived by an english speaking driver.
Domestic Flights : We can book them with the company Tsaradia
- Day 1 Antananarivo
Meet our team at the airport and transfer to your hotel. Belvedere.
- Day 2 Antananarivo - Antsirabe
Picked up at your hotel by your driver who can take you to the high city to admire the view of the capital ( Haute Ville ). Then, departing for the town of Antsirabe, you will stop along the way to the village of Behenjy famous for its foie gras, and to Ambatolampy known for its artisanal manufactures of aluminum objects including pots. Continuation on Antsirabe: the landscape and the environment reveal rich laterite lands, typical Imerina villages, Catholic or Protestant churches, lively markets. Arrival in Antsirabe, hotel installation and exit to Lake Tritriva located 15 kms west of the city. It is one of the large crater lakes quite mysterious whose shape evokes the map of Madagascar. This lake also has its legend: two lovers whose parents refused marriage ended their day by drowning hand in hand. Back to the hotel Chambre du Voyageur. (Stage of 170 kms, 3:30)
- Day 3 Antsirabe - Ranomafana
Early morning departure south of Antsirabe. Rural walk around Manandona which is located 22km south of Antsirabe along the RN7, through beautiful landscapes of middle mountain, The village is at 1450m above sea level enjoying an ideal climate for rice production, Varieties of vegetables and other food crops (cassava, sweet potatoes, taro, potato, etc.) We will walk from village to village, immersion in the rural Malagasy world and meeting with farmers and their families; visit traditional Merina huts with their history; opportunity to participate in rural activities (cow milking, rice transplanting, vegetable growing, etc.); we will also see the production of silkworms using traditional tools (caterpillars, spinning and silk weaving). Picnic outdoors towards the end of the walk before joining the vehicle. Continuation of the southern road. After the mountains of Ankaratra, we will cross rice terraces inherited from the Indonesian culture. Stop at Ambositra the craft capital; a street in the city is dedicated to the wood carvers shops specialized in marquetry. The Artisan Hotel offers tasting of the national Malagasy dish, ”Romazava”, made with meat and brèdes. The rest of the journey, in the heart of the country Betsileo will take us to Ranomafana, one of the main national parks of the Big Island. Installation at the hotel Chez Gaspard.. (260 kms stage, 6 hours).
- Day 4 Ranomafana - Fianarantsoa
Ranomafana is a park covering 41,601 ha of forest. In 2007, it was ranked Heritage as World Natural of the Atsinanana (”The East”) . It shelters a rich endemic biodiversity, which includes rare species of lemur. The park is also the genetic reservoir of rare and some endemic plant species. It is traversed by many rivers that are tributaries of the river Namorona; visit from 2 to 4 hours. ( we can adapt the visit timing according to your fitness ). Then visit of typical village around 1h30 in the heart Tanala, located 15 kms south of Ranomafana which has 53 homes. We will visit a small royal palace, a school, a home. Meetings and exchanges with farmers and we will hear songs and see a traditional dances. Continuation to Sahambavy in the afternoon , near tea plantations, located before Fianarantsoa. Installation at the hotel beside a lake ”Lac Hôtel” (Step 60 kms – 1h30)
- Day 5 Fianarantsoa - Ranohira (Isalo) Visit of Sahambavy Tea Plantations and morning departure to Fianarantsoa. we cross the vineyards (possibility of wine tasting ”Lazan’ny Betsielo”) at Ambalavao. If step falls on a Wednesday or Thursday morning you can attend one of the largest markets of the Zebu: thousands of heads are delivered twice a week. Special entertainment prevails. The capital of zebu is also known for its factory Antaimoro Paper and beautiful silk weaving shop. At the South of the city, visiting the reserve Anja. This reserve was created by a villagers association that provides protection. The walks are between 45 minutes and 2 hours;we will see Catta lemurs. Continuation of the N7 south direction; the landscape becomes more desert. Crossing the plateau of Horombe. We move to Bara’s countries one the ethnic group of the Island, known for the breeding of zebu. Arrival late afternoon at Isalo, exceptional site in Western décor which presents a variety of majestic landscapes, impressive canyons, rock formations carved by erosion. Installation at the hotel Isalo Ranch. (Step 270 kms, 5 hours)
- Day 6 Isalo
The Isalo National Park, criss-crossed by rivers and tributaries, covers 81,540 hectares. This ruiniform massif is a plateau of continental sandstone dating from the Jurassic. Heavily eroded, only witnesses fragmented by the sandy valleys and canyons remained. A truly exceptional show! There are several possible walking tours in the park. For example, you can take a walk in the morning and another in the afternoon or even make a complete loop during the day, a village association can prepare you a lunch in the middle of nature. We include 2 circuits that can be combined including:
– The natural pool ( Piscine Nturelle ): easy level, takes place in half a day, the water is very clear, you can swim there (fresh from June to August). From the pool, the park guide will take you to a lookout 10 minutes from the site (panoramic view of the Isalo)
– The waterfall of the Nymphs ( Cascade des Nymphes ): easy level up to the waterfall, it can be extended via rugged paths to the black and blue pools in the heart of lush vegetation.
- Day 7 Ranohira - Ifaty
Early morning departure towards Tulear, desert landscape where thorny plants emerge. Crossing villages gems of researchers which the more known is Ilakaka, which is Sapphire’s city. First glimpse of Baobabs and passing by Mahafaly country’s, overlooking the famous tombs of the same name, topped by large carved posts called ”Aloalo”. We visit the Arboretum of Antsokay which is located at the entrance to the South Tulear grouping typical flora and many endemic medicinal plants in Madagascar. Lunch advised at Tulear. It remains one small hour to reach the seaside resort of Ifaty. (Step 250 kms – 4h30). Hôtel Sur la Plage, Chez Cécile.
- Day 8 Ifaty
Seaside stay to the hotel which offers various activities: visiting a baobab forest, output Vezo dugout along the coral reef, diving, fishing, snorkelling, quad biking, turtle village … All these activities can be arranged on site.
- Day 9 Ifaty - Antananarivo
Transfer to the airport of Tulear. Flight back to Antananarivo. End of our services.
Public rates 2020 in Euros TTC per person
|Nb Persons||Euros per person|
|Single Room supplement : 134 Euros|
Terms & Conditions
Confirmation by email of the present trip.
After Espace Mada confirmation of availabilities hotels, transport and flights :
Deposit of 30% of the total amount plus domestic flights by bank transfer or Oneline Payment.
Balance before departure in Tana :
- CB Visa or Master Card.
- Euros Cash.
- Night on base double room
- Touristic Stamps
- Half Board except in Tananarive base B and B
- Pic Nic Day 3
- Transfer aiprort – hotel day 1 and hotel airport Tulear day 9
- 2WD car with english speaking driver from day 2 to 7
- Driver allowancies
- Comme back vehicle empty to Tana
- Entrance and guiding fees in the sites and reserves (Tritriva, Iala Tsara, Anja, Isalo, Arboretum)
- Guided Rural Ballad around Manandona
- Drinks extra and tips
- Lunch except Day 3 included, diner in Tananarive
- Domestic Flight Tulear – Tana and international Flights